Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A day in the life

Have you ever wondered what it feels like to have and be treating lyme disease?  If yes, read on.  If not, you can skip this post, cuz I'm kind of feeling like this is going to end up being whiny.

I'm feeling really rotten right now.  My hands ache - along each and every bone and in every joint.  My ankles and low back are joining in the ache chorus too.  A few minutes ago I felt the need to sit down on my kitchen floor because standing up was just too much and I didn't have the energy to complete the task I was in the middle of (getting Lizzie some juice).

I'm exhausted, feeling like I could curl up and fall asleep at any minute.  I'm counting down the time until Lizzie's nap, so I can take one too.  I just realized my ginger ale isn't right next to me and I have to get up and get it, but I'm not really feeling up to doing that right now.

All of Lizzie's activity and sounds (constant chatter and singing and general noise making) is making me feel overstimulated.  I had to tell her to go and sit on the couch instead of at my elbow a little while ago because when she bumped me, my whole body tensed up and I felt very anxious and crowded.

I feel like I'm going to puke or have diarrhea, alternately (medication side effects).  My lymph nodes ache and I'm feeling chilled. Yesterday I felt like my cheeks were flushed and I was feverish.  This is GOOD news, as it is a herx reaction, so it means I'm killing the buggers!  But it still feels like the flu.  Thankfully its pretty mild.

All this together makes me want to hide in bed and sleep.  But, I'm a mom and have a 3 year old to keep busy and out of trouble and a house that is begging for attention.  So I can't quite run off.  Maybe throwing a blanket over my head and body might create the illusion of hiding for a few seconds.  I should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment