Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So far, so good....

I hardly dare say it, but today has been one of my better days in a LOOOOONG time!

Like I mentioned earlier, I started my antibiotics today.  1 gram of amoxicillin with 500 mg probenecid 3 times a day and 250 mg of azithromycin twice a day.  I decided to try taking all 3 meds at the same time in the morning to see if my stomach could handle it.  Otherwise, I'd be taking pills all day. 

Instead of having my protein shake at breakfast, I had a couple of eggs with my pills in hopes of keeping my tummy happier.  And surprisingly, nothing really happened!  A few burps was pretty much it.  I kept waiting for the shit to hit the fan, and it hasn't yet.  Not even when I took my mid-day dose on an empty stomach with water.

Perhaps after several days or weeks my stomach will be more grumpy.  But I'll take today!

My whole body kind of feels a little different - almost more energized or something.  Like a happy/feel good slight tingling in my arms and legs.  I feel slightly lighter.  I can breathe much better.  Granted, today was literally 25-30 degrees cooler than yesterday....

Just a few moments ago I did notice that underneath my chin/jaw where it joins my neck is a little sore and tender.  Like where my glands are.  I can't remember their name though!  Boy is that frustrating.... *sigh*  What can you do though?  I remember axial are armpits, popliteal are by the knees.... (at least in animals) But why is there a blank where the neck ones are?  *shrugs*  Anyway... I'll be keeping an eye on that soreness.

2 comments:

  1. The "elbow" of your jaw? That's what I once heard someone refer to it as! - Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!!! What a great way of describing it!

    ReplyDelete